2019 EVENTS IN AND AROUND WASHINGTON. MOST EVENTS BELOW ARE IN THE EVENINGS. IDEAL TO ADD TO AN AFTERNOON TOUR AND EARLY EVENING OFFICER’S CLUB DINNER. CONTACT US TO WORK YOUR FAVORITE EVENT INTO A TOUR.
- 8th – Dec 9th. Wed – Fri: 11 am-3 pm. Sat. & Sun.: 12-4 pm. An Old Fashioned Holiday – celebrate the Christmas of yesteryear amid period decorations. Surratt House, Maryland.
- All month. 9:00 – 4:00. Christmas at Mount Vernon
- Sat 1st, 4:00. US Marine Band – Holiday Sing-a-long at Wolf Trap
- 1st, 7th, 8th, 16th. Mount Vernon by Candlelight
- 14th and 15th. 5:30 – 9:00. Mount Vernon Christmas Illuminations
- Sat 2nd, 10:00 – 4:00. Grant Hall Open House. Visit the courtroom where the Lincoln conspirators were tried. Only open four times per year. On the Grounds of Fort McNair formerly the Washington Arsenal in 1865.
- Sat 16th, 1:00. Remembrance Day Parade Downtown Gettysburg
- Sat 16th, 5:30. Remembrance Illumination. Gettysburg Soldiers’ National Cemetery
- Sun 17th, 10:00. Wreath Laying. Gettysburg Soldier’s National Monument
- Sun 17th, 10:30. Ceremony with Keynote Speaker. Gettysburg Soldiers’ National Monument
- Jan 22nd, 2019. Echoes of the Great War: American Experiences of World War I. The Library of Congress
- Jan 6th, 2019. Remembering Vietnam Exhibit at the National Archives.
- Mar 24th, 2019. A Revolution in Arms. Weapons in the War for Independence. Anderson House
- Jan 1st, 2021. Americans and the Holocaust. United States Holocaust Museum An exhibit that shows how the Depression, racism, and anti-Semitism in America helped shape responses to the rise of Nazi Germany.
- The Price of Freedom. Americans at War. An ongoing exhibit at the National Museum of American History.