2019 MILITARY EVENTS IN WASHINGTON DC
Most of the military events in DC listed below are in the evenings. They’re ideal to add to an afternoon tour and early evening Officer’s Club dinner. Contact us to work your favorite event into a tour.
- Tue 20th, 7:30 PM, Concert on the Avenue. US Navy Memorial
- Fri 23rd, 8:45 PM. United States Marine Corps Evening Parade. USMC Barracks at Eighth and I
- Mon 26th, 8:00 PM US Navy Concert Band, US Capitol West Steps
- Tue 27th, 7:30 PM, Sea Chanters Concert on the Avenue. US Navy Memorial
- Fri 30th, 8:45 PM. United States Marine Corps Evening Parade. USMC Barracks at Eighth and I
- Sat and Sun 14th and 15th, 9:00 – 5:00. Colonial Market and Fair at Mount Vernon
- Sun 6th, 2:00 PM. United States Marine Corps Band Fall Chamber Series. Sousa Hall
- Sun 13th, 2:00 PM. United States Marine Corps Band Fall Chamber Series. Sousa Hall
- Sat and Sun 19th and 20th, 9:00 – 5:00. Fall Harvest Family Days at Mount Vernon
- Sun 20th, 2:00 PM. United States Marine Corps Band Fall Chamber Series. Sousa Hall
- Sun 27th, 2:00 PM. United States Marine Corps Band Fall Chamber Series. Sousa Hall
- Wed 6th, 11:00 AM. United States Marine Corps Band. John Philip Sousa Grave Ceremony. Congressional Cemetery
- Sat 16th, 1:00. Remembrance Day Parade Downtown Gettysburg
- Sat 16th, 5:30. Remembrance Illumination. Gettysburg Soldiers’ National Cemetery
- Sun 17th, 10:00. Wreath Laying. Gettysburg Soldier’s National Monument
- Sun 17th, 10:30. Ceremony with Keynote Speaker. Gettysburg Soldiers’ National Monument
- Sat 7th, 4:00 PM. United States Marine Corps Band Holiday Sing-a-Long. Wolf Trap
- Deck the halls! The annual kick-off concert for the Washington, DC, holiday season performed by the talented musicians of The U.S. Army Band “Pershing’s Own,” will be presented at DAR Constitution Hall: Fri 6th at 8:00 PM, Sat 7th at 3:00 PM, Sat 7th at 8:00 PM, Sun 8th at 3:00 PM. USAF Band: Fri 13th at 10:00 AM (Children’s Matinee), Sat 14th at 3:00 PM, Sat 14th at 8:00 PM, Sun 15th at 3:00 PM. US Navy Band: Sat 21st at 3:00 PM, Sat 21st at 8:00 PM, Sun 22nd at 3:00 PM
- Oct 27th, 2019. Revolutionary Reflections: French Memories of the War for America. Anderson House
- Jan 1st, 2021. Americans and the Holocaust. United States Holocaust Museum An exhibit that shows how the Depression, racism, and anti-Semitism in America helped shape responses to the rise of Nazi Germany.
- Jan 1st, 2021. Mark Bradford’s installation of eight abstract paintings inspired by artist Paul Philippoteaux’s 19th century cyclorama depicting the Pickett’s charge at the Battle of Gettysburg.
- Sep 30th 2022. Americans. An exhibition of 350 objects and images the explores American Indian names and images including the Trail of Tears, the Tomahawk missile, and the Battle of Little Bighorn.
- The Price of Freedom. Americans at War. An ongoing exhibit at the National Museum of American History.