KIDS SUMMER CAMP 2021
Struggling to find open Washington DC summer camps for your children to attend? Look no further than DC Military Tours’ Kids DC Summer Camp 2021! By following summer camp safety procedures and limiting groups to up to five people, your kids will enjoy a private and safe experience alongside their friends. Our DMV Summer Camp is tailored for a private, small-sized group of no more than five campers. All campers will be known to each other in a “quaranteam” (e.g. siblings, cousins, neighbors, classmates). Campers will discover the history of the area and the nation on the grounds of attractions and in the parks of the National Capitol Region. Campers will tour a college campus, see all of the Washington Monuments, discover animals at the zoo, experience unique flora and fauna, and discover our area parks. As a benefit, we will capture photos of your campers in not often visited Washington landmarks that you will always cherish.
Kids Summer Camp Details:
– M-F 8:45 – 3:45.
– Pick up and drop off at childrens’ residence (within the Capitol Beltway.)
– All venues out of doors.
– Attractions to include:
Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, Vietnam Women’s Memorial, Declaration of Independence Memorial, World War II Memorial DC World War I Memorial, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial.
Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens, Jones Point Park, Alexandria Waterfront, Captain’s Row, Athenaeum, Carlyle house and courtyard, Market Square, Wise’s Tavern, Gadsby’s Tavern.
Grounds of US Capitol, Supreme Court, and Library of Congress, Capitol Hill neighborhood, Bartholdi Park and US Botanical Gardens, Capitol reflecting pool, US Grant Memorial, National Gallery of Art, Canadian Embassy, USN Memorial, FBI HQ, Ford’s Theatre.
Washington National Cathedral surrounding gardens and grounds, Klingle Valley Park, Tregaron Estate, National Zoo.
Georgetown University campus, Georgetown neighborhood, Albert Einstein Statue, Organization of the American States, Daughters of the American Revolution National Headquarters, American Red Cross Headquarters, White House Photo Stop, Lockkeepers House, Washington Monument Photo, Floral Library, Bureau of Engraving and Printing Photo Stop, Jefferson Memorial and Tidal Basin Photo.
(Order and day of attraction visits may vary)
– For rising fourth graders and above (Younger siblings allowed to join).
– This is a Private camp. No other campers other than the five identified as a group will attend.
– Campers will complete a scavenger hunt each day.
– To bring: mask, pocket money, lunch, sunscreen, water
– Lunchtime will be in picnic like areas
– Counselors will wear masks at all times when within the vehicle. No other persons will enter the vehicle other than counselors and campers during the week of camp.
– Dates offered on weeks of: 6/28, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23
– $2,375 (total price, not per child)
– Two counselors for five campers.
– Parents are welcome to attend at anytime via their own transportation.
– Call Tom at (703) 407-6663 or write at email@example.com with questions and for reservations.